STAFF PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS
- All non-temporary, full-time DSU employees will receive a formal evaluation each spring/summer, measuring performance for the prior fiscal year.
- The exception is those employees in their initial probationary period. Probationary employees and their supervisors will be notified individually by Human Resources when evaluations are due.
- Annual Self-Evaluations are to be completed between April 1 - May 15; Annual Evaluations are to be completed by supervisors in May and June.
- 2018-19 Annual Evaluations must be submitted to Human Resources by June 28, 2019.
- Part-Time Staff Evaluation Form - While part-time staff are not required to be evaluated annually, departments who wish to evaluate staff may use this form as a template. Completed part-time staff evaluation forms should be returned to HR as part of the employee's personnel record, with the department retaining a copy.
Process and forms
- Staff Evaluation Overview and Evaluator Guidelines
- Annual Staff Evaluation Process
- 2018-19 Staff Self-Evaluation Form, completed by employee. Open in Adobe Acrobat and/or download form for fillable version.
- 2018-19 Annual Evaluation Form, completed by supervisor. Open in Adobe Acrobat and/or download form for fillable version.
- DSU Core Competencies
- Employee Evaluation Rating System
The DSU Staff Performance Evaluation System is designed to facilitate communication in order to increase our ability to fulfill the University’s mission. Engaging in annual self-evaluations and supervisor evaluations has been shown to increase performance and morale. The outcomes of any evaluation should be:
- Clarification of the employee’s responsibilities, job goals, and performance requirements.
- Open and honest assessment of the employee’s performance.
- Acknowledgement of the employee’s contributions as appropriate.
- Renewed dedication to University, division, department, and individual goals.
Regular and substantive evaluations are an important part of a supervisor’s responsibilities. As part of their own evaluation, supervisors will be held accountable for performing and submitting all required evaluations according to the established schedule.
DSU’s Core Competencies grew out of the institutional Mission Statement. Ongoing formative evaluation and feedback is encouraged throughout the year as needed and as part of regular supervisory responsibilities.