Workers Compensation & Campus Accident/Incident/Hazard
Worker’s Compensation Program for Faculty, Staff, Student Workers (Employees)
Dixie State University provides workers compensation insurance through Workers Compensation Fund of Utah Every employee is eligible to receive worker’s compensation for an injury sustained while on the job (DSU Policy 345).
All employees are covered by State Industrial Insurance. This provides for hospital costs, physician’s fees and weekly benefit payments while absent from work due to injury incurred while at work. The entire cost is borne by Dixie State University.
- Report immediately to the employee’s supervisor. DSU Police should be contacted if needed Office phone: (435) 652-7515 or On Duty Officer Cell (435) 619-1144.
- Assess if treatment is necessary.
- If only routine medical treatment is needed during work normal hours the employee must go to:
385 North 3050 East in St. George (just past Costco)
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- If routine treatment is needed either before or after normal work hours, the employee must go to:
River Road InstaCare
577 River Road In St. George (Near Dixie Regional Medical Center)
Office hours are Sunday thru Saturday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Employees should simply inform the WorkMed or the InstaCare staff that he/she is an employee at Dixie State University and was injured while at work. No other paperwork is necessary.
Please be aware that the Emergency Room should only be used if the injury is life threatening or the injury occurred outside of WorkMed and InstaCare office hours. Workers Compensation may deny the claim or the employee may be liable for part of the initial treatment costs, if protocol is not followed.
- Faculty, Staff, Student Workers Employees notify the DSU Human Resources Office within 24 hours of the injury, and be sure to complete a Workers Compensation Claim form.
Life Threatening Emergencies
- Call 911 immediately if the injuries are life threatening.
- Contact Michelle Cabana at (435) 652-7523 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Notification of an on campus Accident/Incident for Students, Visitors, Vendors/Contractors (Non-Employees)
Any risky, unsafe act or condition, lack of organization preparedness or training, management deficiencies or policy infractions that potentially or does result in injury, property damaged, and/or harm to the University or its stakeholder need to be reported and documented using this Incident/Injury Report as soon as possible. Fill out all blocks. Be as specific and detailed including drawings, photos, additional narratives or any other pertinent information.
Students, Visitors, and Vendors/Contractors please complete an Incident/Injury Report form if there was an incident/injured on campus.
Questions or concerns about the Incident/Injury Report, contact Dennis Cox, Health and Safety Officer at 435-652-7555, or Josh Thayn, Director Event Service & Risk Management at 435-652-7855.