Group Term Life Insurance – CIGNA
|GROUP TERM LIFE INSURANCE|
|Basic Life Insurance For Employers-paid, Term Life Insurance can help protect your loved ones' financial health if you are no longer there to support them||Basic Life Insurance (PDF)|
|Voluntary Life Insurance For Employee-paid, Term Life Insurance can help protect your loved ones' financial health if you are no longer there to support them||Voluntary Life Insurance (PDF)|
|Other Benefits with Cigna From health and wellness support to help with life’s everyday needs and challenges, Cigna offers a variety of programs, offering you discounts and services to help you save time, energy and money. Explore the listings below to start taking advantage of any or all of these offerings today.||Other Benefits with Cigna (PDF)|
Basic Coverage Information
|Employee Death Benefit:||2 x salary|
|Spouse Death Benefit:||$3,000|
|Dependent Death Benefit:||$3,000|
|Waiver of Premium:||Yes, after 6 month waiting period|
Who Is Covered
- The employee, legal spouse and unmarried natural and legally adopted children; live birth to age 26 years are eligible for life benefits.
- The eligible employee only is covered under accidental death and dismemberment benefits.
- To maintain coverage, payment of premiums is required when applicable.
Proper enrollment is required for each person to be covered.
Amount of Life Insurance
The amount of term insurance coverage for the employee is two times salary. Coverage for the spouse is $3,000 and dependents are covered at $3,000. Coverage remains constant to age 65. Benefits decrease thereafter as listed:
|Age||% of Regular Benefit|
Payment is made to the designated beneficiary on file. In the absence of a beneficiary on file, payment will be made to: (1) the executors or administrators of your estate, (2) widow or widower, (3) surviving children, (4) surviving parents, (5) surviving brothers and sisters, (6) personal representative, in that order, or as ordered by a court.
Termination of Benefits
Benefits under this program automatically terminate on the earliest of the following:
- The date of termination of the policy.
- The date of expiration of the period for which the last required premium was paid for the insured, or if the insured is no longer a full-time, salaried employee.
- The date the insured enters the armed services of any country for active, full-time duty.
- The end of the period for which the last contribution was made if a spouse is no longer married to the insured employee.
- The end of the period for which the last contribution was made for a dependent child who turns age 26.
- The end of the period for which the last contribution was made for if a dependent child, under age 26, who gets married.
If coverage for you or your dependents has been terminated, you or your dependents may be eligible for a Conversion Policy.
Basic & Supplemental Coverage Booklets
Download the basic coverage and supplemental coverage booklets for details about your policy.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
Accident or accidental injury means injury that is the direct result of an unpremeditated event of external cause, independent of disease or bodily infirmity or other cause. The benefits for accidental death and dismemberment are:
- Life: Principle Sum
- Two limbs or both eyes or combination: Principle Sum
- One limb or one eye: 1/2 Principle Sum
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Exclusions:
No benefit will be paid for death or dismemberment caused by or resulting from:
- Suicide or self-inflicted injury, whether sane or insane.
- Travel or flight in an aircraft if the insured is lessee, owner, crew member, trainee or test pilot.
- Disease, physical or mental infirmity, medical or surgical treatment, bacterial or other infection, pregnancy, childbirth, or miscarriage.
- War or any act of war, whether declared or undeclared.
The benefit will be paid to the named beneficiary (or as provided in this policy) upon request of claim form and a certified death certificate or other satisfactory evidence showing that the insured has died.
Seat Restraint Benefits
If an insured is killed in an auto accident while wearing an approved seat restraint, the death benefit will be adjusted as shown:
|Employee:||Basic Death Benefit + $5,000|
|Spouse:||Basic Death Benefit + $5,000|
|Dependent Child:||2 Times Basic Death Benefit|