Skip to Content

PEHP – Medical Savings Accounts

Dixie State University offers a Flexible Spending Plan (FLEX$) and Health Savings Account (HSA) through Public Employees Health Plan (PEHP). Complete benefit summary information and forms are available on the PEHP website. Access PEHP’s website at

Flexible Spending Plan (FLEX$)

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s) are associated with traditional medical plans. Child care FSA’s are also available to all PEHP members.

Flexible Spending This claim form is for reimbursement of qualified medical expenses that have been paid out of pocket for the employee and/or family member on their plan. Flexible Spending Reimbursement Claim Form (PDF)
Flexible Spending Salary This form is used to communicate the amount to be deducted from an employee's salary that will be contributed to a Flexible Spending Account for medical expenses for the Fiscal Year. Flexible Spending Salary Authorization Form (PDF)

Health Savings Account (HSA)

Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s) are associated with high deductible medical plans for those who qualify under federal regulations.

  • Find your total contributions for the calendar year, log into your MyDixie account.
    • Click on the “Employee” tab across the top, then the “Pay Information” link.
    • Then you can either click on the “Deductions History” (which will only give you your personal contribution totals) OR you can click on “Pay Stub”
    • Scroll down the page and look under the “Deductions before Federal Tax” section and then under “Medical Pre-Tax Employee HSA“ your personal per pay period contribution and then the Calendar Year To Date (CYTD) total contribution is there.
    • If you scroll further down from that section under “Deductions after Federal Tax” then under “Medical Employer HSA”, that total will give you the amount DSU has contributed per pay check and the CYTD.

Remember that that the IRS works on Calendar Year To Date (CYTD), not fiscal year calendar. The IRS Family contribution limit is $7,000 for 2019 Calendar Year. This includes your personal contributions PLUS DSU’s contributions PLUS any contributions you make outside of payroll. Or, if a spouse has an HSA either separately or with another employer. So everything combined.

If you are looking at maxing out, we recommend being slightly short of the $7,000 limit. If you go even a penny over, you run the chance of an IRS audit. DSU paystubs are on CYTD so that is probably the easiest way to track the contribution amounts. In January when your W-2 is available, you should also get 2 other forms; one has your personal contribution total and the other has DSU’s contribution total. You can give those to whoever does your taxes and they will be included when you file for that year.

This information was last updated on August 29, 2018